If you’re looking for a fun and delicious sushi experience in Miami Beach, you might want to check out Katana, a cozy and quirky restaurant that serves sushi on floating boats. Yes, you read that right. Floating boats.
Katana is located on 920 71st St, in a strip mall that also houses a pizza place, a barber shop, and a nail salon. Don’t let the modest exterior fool you, though. Inside, you’ll find a lively and colorful atmosphere, with a sushi bar in the center and a water canal around it. The canal is filled with miniature boats that carry different plates of sushi, sashimi, salads, dumplings, and other appetizers. As they sail by your seat, you can grab whatever catches your eye and enjoy it right away. The plates are color-coded according to their prices, ranging from $2.50 to $6.50. At the end of your meal, the staff will count your plates and charge you accordingly.
The sushi at Katana is fresh and tasty, with a variety of options to suit different preferences. You can find classic rolls like spicy tuna, California, and shrimp tempura, as well as more creative ones like stack (a tower of rice, crab salad, avocado, and spicy mayo) and banana tempura (a sweet and crunchy dessert roll). You can also order other dishes from the menu, such as udon noodle soup, seaweed salad, gyoza, and fried octopus. The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable, especially for Miami Beach standards.
Katana is not only a great place to eat sushi, but also to have fun. The floating boats add an element of surprise and excitement to your dining experience, as you never know what will come next. You can also challenge yourself to try new things or compete with your friends to see who can eat the most plates. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the music is upbeat and lively.
Katana has received many positive reviews from diners who enjoyed their food and service. Some of them are:
- \”Love the experience here with the floating boats with Asian dishes on them. As they float by, you pick the dish you like. Better grab it quickly because the other guests are also grabbing their favorites.\” – Jesined C., Yelp
- \”Was some of the best sushi we’ve ever eaten. Multiple plates of sushi come around on little boats for you to choose from.\” – michaelpoto4, Tripadvisor
- \”This is a definitely a local gem! I believe I found this place just searching around online. I went twice during my visit to South Beach. The prices are amazing and the food was even better!\” – meanbean7, Tripadvisor
Katana is open from 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM every day, except on Wednesdays when it’s closed. It does not take reservations, so be prepared to wait in line if you go during peak hours. It offers delivery and takeout options as well.
If you’re looking for a witty way to end this review of Katana, you could say something like:
- \”So what are you waiting for? Hop on board and sail away with Katana’s delicious sushi.\”
- \”Katana is a boat-load of fun and flavor. Don’t miss this unique sushi adventure.\”
- \”Katana will make you feel like you’re in Japan… or Venice… or both. Either way, you’ll love it.\”